Blue Cheese Walnut Tart Recipe
“This simple yet elegant tart gives any casual get-together a touch of class. It’s wonderful as a lunch entree and also perfect as part of a springtime brunch buffet.” —Erin Chilcoat, Smithtown, New York
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, blue cheese and garlic until blended. Add the cream, egg, cayenne and pepper; beat well. Spread mixture into crust. Sprinkle with red peppers, walnuts and parsley. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months, or bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until center is set.
- 3. To use frozen tart: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Uncover; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until center is set. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 197 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC