Blue Cheese Walnut Tart Recipe
“This simple yet elegant tart gives any casual get-together a touch of class. It’s wonderful as a lunch entree and also perfect as part of a springtime brunch buffet.” —Erin Chilcoat, Smithtown, New York
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, blue cheese and garlic until blended. Add the cream, egg, cayenne and pepper; beat well. Spread mixture into crust. Sprinkle with red peppers, walnuts and parsley. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months, or bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until center is set.
- 3. To use frozen tart: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Uncover; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until center is set. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 197 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Blue Cheese Walnut Tart
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2012
"Easy, different and absolutely yummy!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC