Blue Cheese Walnut Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2-1/4 cups sour cream, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Red grapes, sliced star fruit and assorted fresh herbs, optional
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until fluffy. Add 1 cup of sour cream until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in pepper. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set (top may crack). Let stand on a wire rack for 5 minutes; spread with remaining sour cream. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- 3. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Sprinkle with walnuts. Garnish with grapes, star fruit and herbs if desired. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 26 servings.
1 each: 126 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Blue Cheese Walnut Cheesecake
"Made for my niece's bridal shower and everyone loved it. So, I made again for a wine tasting and I won a prize for best appettizer. I make if a lot."