Blue Cheese Walnut Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2-1/4 cups sour cream, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Red grapes, sliced star fruit and assorted fresh herbs, optional
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until fluffy. Add 1 cup of sour cream until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in pepper. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set (top may crack). Let stand on a wire rack for 5 minutes; spread with remaining sour cream. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- 3. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Sprinkle with walnuts. Garnish with grapes, star fruit and herbs if desired. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 26 servings.
1 each: 126 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Blue Cheese Walnut Cheesecake
"Made for my niece's bridal shower and everyone loved it. So, I made again for a wine tasting and I won a prize for best appettizer. I make if a lot."