Blue Cheese Walnut Cheesecake Recipe
This elegant party spread is smooth and creamy and has a mild blue cheese flavor. It's popular every time I serve it. Garnished with chopped walnuts, it looks like you fussed, but it's not that tricky to prepare. -Rita Reifenstein, Evans City, Pennsylvania
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2-1/4 cups sour cream, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Red grapes, sliced star fruit and assorted fresh herbs, optional
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until fluffy. Add 1 cup of sour cream until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in pepper. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set (top may crack). Let stand on a wire rack for 5 minutes; spread with remaining sour cream. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- 3. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Sprinkle with walnuts. Garnish with grapes, star fruit and herbs if desired. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 26 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 126 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC