Blue Cheese Waldorf Salad
A dash of cayenne adds zip to this classic cool and crispy salad. “Blue cheese provides extra richness,” notes Renee Aupperle of Lititz, Pennsylvania. “It’s great for a buffet; everyone who tries it loves it.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 3 medium apples, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, buttermilk, sugar, vinegar,
- salt, cayenne and pepper. Stir in blue cheese and onion. In a large
- bowl, combine the apples, celery and raisins. Drizzle with dressing;
- toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 150 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat.