Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Even people who aren't big blue cheese fans have told me how much they enjoy this tangy dressing. It's refreshing and the flavors blend well, whether you serve it over lettuce or fresh spinach.
-Erlene Cornelius, Spring City, Tennessee
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- Torn salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, 1/2 cup blue cheese, onion,
- mustard, garlic and salt. Cover and process until smooth. While
- processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is
- thickened. Stir in the remaining blue cheese if desired. Serve over
- salad. Cover and refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 122 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.