Blue Cheese Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. In a small skillet over medium heat, cook the almonds, salt and pepper in butter for 5-6 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, blue cheese, apple, lime peel and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 10-12 servings.
3/4 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Blue Cheese Tossed Salad
"LOVE this salad!! Had it tonight with steak and baked potato and it was the star of the meal! Will add grilled chicken to it for a main dish salad next time. A winner for sure!"