- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook the almonds, salt and pepper in butter for 5-6 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, blue cheese, apple, lime peel and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Tossed Salad in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p40
Reviews for Blue Cheese Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2011
"LOVE this salad!! Had it tonight with steak and baked potato and it was the star of the meal! Will add grilled chicken to it for a main dish salad next time. A winner for sure!"