Blue Cheese-Topped Steaks Recipe
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- Dash pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Madeira wine
- 1/8 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, chives and pepper. Press onto one side of each steak.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook steaks over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Blue Cheese-Topped Steaks(3)
Sort By :
Very good flavor! I couldn't get the rub to completely stay on the steaks when I turned them in the skillet, but I had made extra, so I added more once they were in the baking pan. The sauce really complemented the flavors.
I made this for my husband's birthday dinner and it was perfect! Delicious, tender, great combination of flavors! I did not have any red wine so used a good quality dark balsamic vinegar and the gravy was amazing.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >