Blue Cheese Tomato Soup Recipe
This recipe comes in handy when I want to serve a fancier soup without a lot of extra fuss. Because it's so rich and flavorful, you can enjoy this as a meal in itself.
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) tomato juice, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Toasted garlic bread, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine 2 cups tomato juice, cream cheese, half of the blue cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, lemon juice, pepper and salt; process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl; stir in remaining tomato juice. Chill at least 1 hour. Top with garlic bread if desired and remaining blue cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 124 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 846 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Tomato Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC