Blue Cheese Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) tomato juice, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Toasted garlic bread, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine 2 cups tomato juice, cream cheese, half of the blue cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, lemon juice, pepper and salt; process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl; stir in remaining tomato juice. Chill at least 1 hour. Top with garlic bread if desired and remaining blue cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 124 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 846mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Tomato Soup
"Forgot to mention calories and carbs are perfect for a diabetic or anyone else who is eating healthy."
"Had to read this twice before it sunk in that it is chilled, not cooked. It's kind of a modified bloody mary. I stored it in a pitcher. Served it in a glass, with a celery stick stirrer, with hot sauce on the side. EVERYBODY LOVED IT!!"