Blue Cheese-Stuffed Strawberries Recipe
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 16 large fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Place vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in blue cheese. Remove stems and scoop out centers from strawberries; fill each with about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture. Sprinkle pecans over filling, pressing lightly. Chill until serving. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Reviews for Blue Cheese-Stuffed Strawberries
Sort By :
"MMMM so good.. Thank you for sharing. I love the balsamic vinegar reduction with the blue cheese and strawberries.."
"I have not made these yet but will be doing so soon. They look and sound great. I love anything that not only taste, looks great and is super easy to make and impress."
"Oops, I forgot to add the stars!"
"Delicious! I cored the strawberries with a "tomato king" tool...worked great. To serve I cut some wooden skewers in half and stuck one in the bottom of each stuffed berry...then popped them in a short vase."
"I replaced the blue cheese with Philadelphia Indulgence Dark chocolate cream cheese. It is yummy. I blended the regular cream cheese and the chocolate and added slivered almonds to the mix. Then sprinkled more almonds on top before pouring the balsamic vinegar over them. I left some strawberries without vinegar topping. It is an acquired taste ! What an impressive dessert !"