Blue Cheese-Stuffed Strawberries Recipe
I was enjoying a salad with strawberries and blue cheese when the idea hit me to stuff the strawberries and serve them as an appetizer. It worked out great, and the flavors blend so nicely. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 16 large fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Place vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in blue cheese. Remove stems and scoop out centers from strawberries; fill each with about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture. Sprinkle pecans over filling, pressing lightly. Chill until serving. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 stuffed strawberry equals 36 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC