I was enjoying a salad with strawberries and blue cheese when the idea hit me to stuff the strawberries and serve them as an appetizer. It worked out great, and the flavors blend so nicely. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 16 large fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Place vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in blue cheese. Remove stems and scoop out centers from strawberries; fill each with about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture. Sprinkle pecans over filling, pressing lightly. Chill until serving. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Blue Cheese-Stuffed Strawberries in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p9
Reviews for Blue Cheese-Stuffed Strawberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review