Blue Cheese-Stuffed Steaks
For a fast, fancy dinner, try this tender beef with a mild blue cheese stuffing. Grape tomatoes sauteed in garlic make a colorful and flavorful accompaniment.—Teddy Devico, Warren, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups grape tomatoes
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Cover and cook
- over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden and softened. Add
- tomatoes; cook and stir until tomatoes just begin to burst. Remove
- from the skillet; set aside and keep warm.
- Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each steak; fill with blue
- cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, cook steaks over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on
- each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°). Serve with tomato mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak with 1 cup tomato mixture equals 463 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 53 g protein.