Blue Cheese-Stuffed Steaks for Two Recipe
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden and softened. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until tomatoes just begin to burst. Remove from the skillet; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each steak; fill with blue cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook steaks over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with tomato mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 steak with 1 cup tomato mixture: 463 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 53g protein .
Reviews for Blue Cheese-Stuffed Steaks for Two
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.