- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden and softened. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until tomatoes just begin to burst. Remove from the skillet; set aside and keep warm.
- Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each steak; fill with blue cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, cook steaks over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with tomato mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now