Blue Cheese-Stuffed Steaks for Two Recipe
For a fast, fancy dinner for two, try this tender beef with a mild blue cheese stuffing. Grape tomatoes sauteed in garlic make a colorful and flavorful accompaniment.—Teddy Devico, Warren, New Jersey
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden and softened. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until tomatoes just begin to burst. Remove from the skillet; set aside and keep warm.
- Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each steak; fill with blue cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, cook steaks over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with tomato mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese-Stuffed Steaks for Two in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Blue Cheese-Stuffed Steaks for Two(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >