Blue Cheese-Stuffed Shrimp
Cooked shrimp become something more extraordinary when stuffed with blue cheese. The mild flavor has mass appeal.—Amy Dollimount, Glace Bay, Nova Scotia
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole mustard
- 24 cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/3 cup
- parsley, blue cheese, shallot and mustard. Refrigerate at least 1
- Starting with the tail end of each shrimp, make a deep slit along the
- deveining line to within 1/4 to 1/2 in. of the bottom. Stuff with
- cream cheese mixture; press remaining parsley onto cream cheese
- mixture. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed shrimp equals 43 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 meat.