Blue Cheese-Stuffed Shrimp Recipe
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole mustard
- 24 cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/3 cup parsley, blue cheese, shallot and mustard. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 2. Starting with the tail end of each shrimp, make a deep slit along the deveining line to within 1/4 to 1/2 in. of the bottom. Stuff with cream cheese mixture; press remaining parsley onto cream cheese mixture. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 stuffed shrimp equals 43 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 meat.
Reviews for Blue Cheese-Stuffed Shrimp
"So good and very easy. Brought them to a potluck and work and everyone thought they were great."
"I have made this recipe several times and it has been a big hit. Last Christmas a draped the stuffed shrimp in a Christmas tree-shaped cake mold. Looks very festive and I go home with an empty container."