Cooked shrimp become something more extraordinary when stuffed with blue cheese. The mild flavor has mass appeal.—Amy Dollimount, Glace Bay, Nova Scotia
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole mustard
- 24 cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1/3 cup parsley, blue cheese, shallot and mustard. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Starting with the tail end of each shrimp, make a deep slit along the deveining line to within 1/4 to 1/2 in. of the bottom. Stuff with cream cheese mixture; press remaining parsley onto cream cheese mixture. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Blue Cheese-Stuffed Shrimp in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p7
Reviews for Blue Cheese-Stuffed Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2014
"So good and very easy. Brought them to a potluck and work and everyone thought they were great."