- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup frozen sugar snap peas
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towel. In the same skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Combine bouillon and water; stir into skillet. Add peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, blue cheese, flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in milk. Gradually stir into beef mixture. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Serve over noodles; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Stroganoff in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review