Blue Cheese Spread Recipe
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Cognac or brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small skillet, saute shallots in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheeses, sour cream, Cognac, salt and pepper. Add shallots and mix well. Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap. Spread cheese mixture into prepared bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Unmold onto a serving plate; garnish with walnuts. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoon: 141 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Blue Cheese Spread
"This is my favorite blue cheese spread/ball recipe. If you like blue cheese you must try it!! Delicious!!!"