Blue Cheese Salad
"A FRESH SALAD is the perfect complement to any meal, but this colorful combination has eye appeal as well. I love the crispy crunch of croutons and tangy touch of dill in this recipe."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 small bunch romaine, torn
- 3 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl or jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first six
- ingredients; mix or shake until well blended. Place romaine in a
- large salad bowl; top with the eggs, croutons and blue cheese. Add
- dressing and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 304 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.