- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 2 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Divide lettuce between two salad plates. Top with pears, onion, blue cheese and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, syrup, mustard, garlic powder and onion powder until blended. Drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Pear Salad in Reminisce February/March 2007, p 49
Reviews for Blue Cheese Salad with Onion and Pear
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2013
"This salad was tangy and tasty. Easy to prepare, too! I made it for 4 - FYI there are about 5 pear halves in one can of pears. You can also slice the pears and fan them out for an even snazzier presentation. Great change of pace!"