Blue Cheese Romaine Salad Recipe
A light lemon vinaigrette makes this salad deliciously different from all others. — Mindy Oswalt, Winnetka, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 medium apples or pears, diced
- LEMON VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1. Combine pine nuts and butter; spread on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack. In a large bowl, combine romaine and blue cheese. Add apples and pine nuts.
- 2. In a food processor or blender, combine the lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 347 calories, 31 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC