- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 medium apples or pears, diced
- LEMON VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine pine nuts and butter; spread on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack. In a large bowl, combine romaine and blue cheese. Add apples and pine nuts.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Romaine Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p119
Reviews for Blue Cheese Romaine Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review