Blue Cheese Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices rye or whole wheat bread
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, mash the blue cheese with a fork. Whisk in sour cream and mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper. Spread over one side of each slice of bread.
- 2. On four slices, layer roast beef, red peppers and lettuce; top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 494 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 2,009 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Roast Beef Sandwiches
"This is sooooooooo delicious; the spread is "simply scrupptious", as the contributer says. I didn't use the peppers, but I made this into a wrap. I simply spread the yummy spread on a tortilla, topped it with roast beef, added some crunchy romaine and wrapped it up tightly. I really enjoyed it in my brown bag lunch, and will definitely make it for company too!"