Sweet sauteed onions and pears match the bold flavors of blue cheese in this decadent version of a brunch classic. Pop it in the oven, and you’ll have just enough time to whip up a fruit salad and refresh guests’ drinks. —Maggie Norman, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 turkey bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Unfold puff pastry; press into a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Spoon bacon into crust and sprinkle with blue cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, nutmeg and pepper; pour over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add pears and brown sugar; cook 4 minutes longer. Serve with quiche. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Quiche with Caramelized Pears in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Quiche with Caramelized Pears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review