Sweet sauteed onions and pears match the bold flavors of blue cheese in this decadent version of a brunch classic. Pop it in the oven, and you’ll have just enough time to whip up a fruit salad and refresh guests’ drinks. —Maggie Norman, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 turkey bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Unfold puff pastry; press into a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Spoon bacon into crust and sprinkle with blue cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, nutmeg and pepper; pour over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add pears and brown sugar; cook 4 minutes longer. Serve with quiche. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Quiche with Caramelized Pears in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p37
Reviews for Blue Cheese Quiche with Caramelized Pears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2015
"Rich in flavor...added some butter and a dash of salt to pears. Quiche is delicious and is complemented by the pears. Very nice dish for brunch or holiday breakfast."