Try my tasty blue cheese spin on classic potato salad. You can easily double the recipe for large picnics or potlucks. —Jennifer Lewis, Britton, Michigan
Recommended: 17 All-American Recipes for Election Night
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 7 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 7-10 minutes or just until tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add vinegar, pepper sauce, salt and pepper to hot potatoes; let stand 30 minutes at room temperature, stirring gently halfway through standing. Add eggs, onion, celery, pickles and green onions. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture. Toss gently to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate until cold. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Potato Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p223
Reviews for Blue Cheese Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review