Blue Cheese Pork Chops Recipe
From her home in Locust Grove, Oklahoma, Linda Foreman sends this longtime family-favorite recipe. “It makes the most delicious creamy gravy to serve over pork chops,” Linda writes. “With just a hint of blue cheese flavor, it really tastes like something from a fancy restaurant.” TIP: “I like to serve this special dish with sauteed mushrooms,” Linda adds.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat until juices run clear, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper.
- 2. Stir the blue cheese into the cream; cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is softened. Pour over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Pork Chops
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2013
"What a satisfying meal and always well received. The blue cheese sauce is delicious!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC