Blue Cheese Pear Salad
Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah shares the recipe for this refreshing salad. The combination of greens, pears, raspberries, nuts and blue cheese topped with a zest mustard dressing is just delightful!
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup unpeeled fresh pear slices
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, optional
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, pears, raspberries if
- desired, blue cheese and nuts. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid,
- combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and
- toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 111 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.