Blue Cheese Pear Salad Recipe
Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah shares the recipe for this refreshing salad. The combination of greens, pears, raspberries, nuts and blue cheese topped with a zest mustard dressing is just delightful!
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup unpeeled fresh pear slices
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, optional
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, pears, raspberries if desired, blue cheese and nuts. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 111 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC