Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah shares the recipe for this refreshing salad. The combination of greens, pears, raspberries, nuts and blue cheese topped with a zest mustard dressing is just delightful!
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup unpeeled fresh pear slices
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, optional
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, pears, raspberries if desired, blue cheese and nuts. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Pear Salad in Country Woman March/April 2002, p40
Reviews for Blue Cheese Pear Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review