Blue Cheese Pear Salad Recipe
Sweet pears and rich blue cheese turn a bed of greens into an elegant side. Topped with tangy vinaigrette, this tantalizing salad from Cindy Dyrnes of Deptford, New Jersey will win rave reviews from all!
- 3 medium Bartlett pears, halved and cored
- 6 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-1/4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 6 cups torn leaf lettuce
- Place pears, cut side down, in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Brush with 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Add water and remaining lemon juice to pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or just until pears are tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine the blue cheese, walnuts and onions.
- Just before serving, divide lettuce among six plates; drizzle with dressing. Top each with a pear half and 2 tablespoons blue cheese mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Pear Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p53
Reviews for Blue Cheese Pear Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >