Blue Cheese Onions
When the tangy cheese softens and melds with baked onions and butter, you have a side dish fit for company. It's wonderful, straight from the oven, served with any meat. —Norma Reynolds, York, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a food processor, combine the blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce,
- dill and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- Place onions in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with
- butter; top with tablespoonfuls of blue cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 183 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.