When the tangy cheese softens and melds with baked onions and butter, you have a side dish fit for company. It's wonderful, straight from the oven, served with any meat. —Norma Reynolds, York, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a food processor, combine the blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, dill and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- Place onions in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter; top with tablespoonfuls of blue cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Onions in Country Woman April/May 2008, p25
Reviews for Blue Cheese Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review