- 3 large onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cut into thin slices.
- Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, blue cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Spread each bread slice with 1 teaspoon cheese mixture; top with steak and onions. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Blue Cheese-Onion Steak Bites
Sort By :
"I made one night for my husband and since when ever i ask what he's in the mood for, for dinner....he always says this!!! So I'm off to the store to make again tonight."
"This was fabulous.... just fabulous. I honestly can't think of one thing I would change. I went a little heavy on the cheese spread, so when I do it again, I will abide by the 1 teaspoon suggestion, as the blue cheese can be potent if you use too much. You will not be disappointed by this recipe!!!!"