The ideal accompaniment to a buffet meal, these muffins are a breeze to make besides, "Folks just love them," comments subscriber Nancy Bruce of Citrus Heights, California. "It's my most-requested recipe."
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (4 ounces) blue cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Sesame seeds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs until light and fluffy. Add milk and lemon juice; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture along with blue cheese and walnuts. Stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased mini-muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 3 to 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Mini-Muffins in Country Woman May/June 1995, p23
Reviews for Blue Cheese Mini-Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review