Blue Cheese Heart Tarts Recipe
—Rita Cox, Round Rock, Texas
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cheeses until well blended. Add the butter, cream, eggs, chives and seasonings. Beat until light and fluffy; set aside.
- 2. Using a 2-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut pastry into 102 hearts. Gently press cutouts onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups or miniature heart-shaped muffin cups. Spoon 1 teaspoon filling into each.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing. Serve warm. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Heart Tarts
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC