- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- In a small bowl, beat cheeses until well blended. Add the butter, cream, eggs, chives and seasonings. Beat until light and fluffy; set aside.
- Using a 2-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut pastry into 102 hearts. Gently press cutouts onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups or miniature heart-shaped muffin cups. Spoon 1 teaspoon filling into each.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing. Serve warm. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Heart Tarts in Country Woman May/June 1997
Reviews for Blue Cheese Heart Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >