Blue Cheese Green Beans
Bacon, blue cheese and chopped nuts make this my mom's favorite way to enjoy green beans. I always prepare this side dish when she's coming for dinner.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2
- tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, cook and stir the beans for 8-10 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Add the blue cheese, pecans, pepper and bacon. Cook
- for 2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.