Blue Cheese Green Beans Recipe
Bacon, blue cheese and chopped nuts make this my mom's favorite way to enjoy green beans. I always prepare this side dish when she's coming for dinner.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, cook and stir the beans for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the blue cheese, pecans, pepper and bacon. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Green Beans in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p33
Reviews for Blue Cheese Green Beans(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2012
This was really good with one major change; I use feta cheese instead of blue due to personal taste.
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2010
wonderful, not a bean was left. Will definately make again
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2009
This was great! I think I will use a little more Blue Cheese next time. Great flavor!