Blue Cheese Garlic Dip Recipe
This creamy dip is great alongside my spicy Creole-Cajun Chicken Wings or as a vegetable dip. If you like, you substitute crab for the shrimp—it makes an excellent variation.—Ron Treadaway, Acworth, Georgia
- 1 jar (12 ounces) refrigerated blue cheese dressing
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with vegetables, crackers or Creole-Cajun Wings (recipe above). Yield: about 2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 116 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC