Blue Cheese Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut bread into 1-in.-thick slices, but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Spread cheese mixture between slices.
- 2. Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy -duty foil (about 28-in. x 18-in.). Fold foil around bread and seal tightly. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 250 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 546mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Garlic Bread
"I love this bread. I make it every chance that I get. It has a very unique flavor and it you love blue cheese like we do at my house you will enjoy it."
"Very tasty! Family really enjoyed!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.