Blue Cheese Garlic Bread
This is a great way to dress up an ordinary loaf of bread. Serve slices as an appetizer or with a meal. Kevalyn Henderson, Hayward, Wisconsin
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut bread into
- 1-in.-thick slices, but not all the way through, leaving slices
- attached at the bottom. Spread cheese mixture between slices.
- Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy -duty foil (about 28-in. x
- 18-in.). Fold foil around bread and seal tightly. Bake at 350°
- for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 250 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.