This is a great way to dress up an ordinary loaf of bread. Serve slices as an appetizer or with a meal. —Kevalyn Henderson, Hayward, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut bread into 1-in.-thick slices, but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Spread cheese mixture between slices.
- Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy -duty foil (about 28-in. x 18-in.). Fold foil around bread and seal tightly. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Garlic Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Garlic Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review