Blue Cheese Dressing
I tasted this tangy dressing for the first time at a friend's house. She gave me the recipe, and now I make it every week. I always keep some in my refrigerator. It tastes much better than bottled blue cheese dressing and is a snap to make.
-Barbara Nowakowski, North Tonawanda, New York
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in the blue
- cheese. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 200 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.