Blue Cheese Date Wraps Recipe
- 12 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 36 pitted dates
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Cut each bacon strip into thirds. In a large skillet, cook bacon in batches over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- 2. Carefully cut a slit in the center of each date; fill with blue cheese. Wrap a bacon piece around each stuffed date; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- 3. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 44 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Date Wraps
"I made this for Thanksgiving once and now my family wants it all the time. My only suggestion is to use the larger dates This is delicious !"
"I use cream cheese for the filling and everyone begs for more."
"top of line recipe seems a little odd but totally awesome"
"oops. I meant chicken livers!"
"We used to make them with sauteed chicken lovers in addition to the water chestnuts."
"I was wondering if anyone had the recipe for bacon wrapped water chestnuts. I know it has brown sugar and soy sauce, but that is all I know."
"My Mom always made bacon wrapped chestnuts when I was a kid, and I loved helping her wrap the bacon around the chestnuts. It was simply whole chestnuts with 1/3 of a slice of bacon wrapped around, secured with a toothpick, and baked at 350 for about 15 minutes until bacon was crisp. I remember serving those appetizers to our friends and family, and we couldn't get enough!
"Yummy! Even good cold!"
"Not being a big fan of blue cheese, I think maybe cream cheese or even a cheddar or whatever is your favorite cheese would work as well."
"I Thought That This Was Quite Tasty and I Used A Maple Cured and Peppered Bacon...The Maple Seamed to Compliment the Dates!Thanks for Sharing This Recipe.Chef' Tami L. Conklin Hanks"
"Perhaps you can substitute apricots for the dates?..."
"Where are the apricots? "I decided to sweeten them up a bit with dates and apricots....""