Blue Cheese-Crusted Sirloin Steaks Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat broiler. In a large broil-safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; saute onion until tender. Transfer to a bowl; stir in cheese and bread crumbs.
- 2. Cut steak into four pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat; cook steaks until desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), 4-5 minutes per side.
- 3. Spread onion mixture over steaks. Broil 4-6 in. from heat until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 326 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 726mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Blue Cheese-Crusted Sirloin Steaks
"This is a very simple recipe, but good. Now I know why people eat blue cheese with steak! I omitted the onion but otherwise made it as written, and we all liked it."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.