Blue Cheese Burgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 slices red onion
- Tomato slices and lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. Shape beef into four thin patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Press blue cheese into the center of two patties; top with remaining patties. Serve on buns with onion, tomato and lettuce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 580 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 786mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 50g protein.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Burgers
"Blue cheese burgers are delcious. We mix the cheese right into the burger. Top with barbecue sauce!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.