Blue Cheese Burgers
Instead of topping your burgers with the usual cheddar or Swiss cheeses, stuff them with blue cheese. We've been serving these for many years.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 slices red onion
- Tomato slices and lettuce leaves, optional
- Shape beef into four thin patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat
- for 3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Season
- with salt and pepper.
- Press blue cheese into the center of two patties; top with remaining
- patties. Serve on buns with onion, tomato and lettuce if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 580 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 786 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 50 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.