- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 slices red onion
- Tomato slices and lettuce leaves, optional
- Shape beef into four thin patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- Press blue cheese into the center of two patties; top with remaining patties. Serve on buns with onion, tomato and lettuce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Burgers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p212
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2017
"Blue cheese burgers are delcious. We mix the cheese right into the burger. Top with barbecue sauce!"