Blue Cheese Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 French bread baguettes (10-1/2 ounces each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups (16 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 5 large egg yolks
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion; cook and stir until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until onion is golden brown. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Place half of the bread in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with onion mixture and half of blue cheese. Top with remaining bread and blue cheese.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolks, cream, salt and pepper. Pour over bread; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 667 calories, 48g fat (27g saturated fat), 299mg cholesterol, 1204mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein .
Reviews for Blue Cheese Bread Pudding
"This has amazing flavor, but is so, so, so rich that you have to make something plain to go along with it."