Blue Cheese Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 French bread baguettes (10-1/2 ounces each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups (16 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 5 large egg yolks
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion; cook and stir until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until onion is golden brown. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Place half of the bread in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with onion mixture and half of blue cheese. Top with remaining bread and blue cheese.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolks, cream, salt and pepper. Pour over bread; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 667 calories, 48g fat (27g saturated fat), 299mg cholesterol, 1204mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Bread Pudding
"This has amazing flavor, but is so, so, so rich that you have to make something plain to go along with it."