Years ago, I went through my mom's recipe box and found this classic recipe. Everyone I know loves the rich and creamy blue cheese dressing with a hint of bacon.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 to 1 cup (3 to 4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well to blend. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Blue Cheese-Bacon Dressing in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p65
Reviews for Blue Cheese-Bacon Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2014
"Next time I'll eliminate the sugar. I tweaked mine to get rid of the sweetness, however the idea of bacon grabbed my attention. Everything is better with bacon!"