Blue Cheese Apple Slaw Recipe
The holidays are busy. That's why I appreciate this no-fuss recipe that can be made ahead and chilled until you are ready to eat. If you want your dish to have more color, add more carrot. —Libby Walp, Chicago, Illinois
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium tart apple, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, apple, carrot and cheese.
- 3. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 186 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC