Blue Cheese Apple Salad
We have a lot of apple orchards in our state, so this definitely represents our area. This is one of my favorite apple recipes. It has a nice combination of flavors.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 medium unpeeled red apples, cubed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups cantaloupe cubes or balls
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup Miracle Whip
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add cantaloupe and
- celery. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, blue cheese and
- Miracle Whip. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 122 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.